1950 West Market Street
Tiffin, OH 44883
Used 2013 Palomino Sabre 36QBOK
Sabre Bunkhouse FW w/Rear /Quad Slideout Bunks Opposite Each Other, One Set has Oversized Lower Bed, Ent. Center/Wardrobes, 1/2 Bath w/Private Entry, Outside Kitchen Below 1 Set of Bunks, Linen/Pantry, Refrig., 3 Burner Range, Counter & Dbl. Kitchen Sink, Overhead Storage, U-Dinette & Sofa Slide, Ent. Center, Step Up to Bed & Side Aisle Bath w/Walk-In Shower w/Dome, Sink & Toilet, Fantastic Fan, Front Queen Bed w/Nightstands, Dresser, Ward., Wash/Dryer Prep w/Removable Shelf & So Much More!
|Length||39 ft 4 in|
|Ext Width||8 ft|
|Hitch Weight||1825 lbs|
|Gross Weight||15825 lbs|
|Dry Weight||11840 lbs|
|Cargo Weight||3935 lbs|
|Fresh Water Capacity||42 gals|
|Grey Water Capacity||84 gals|
|Black Water Capacity||42 gals|
|Furnace BTU||35000 btu|
As demand for the Palomino grew, Mr. Landey felt it would benefit his company, Vanguard Ind., to relocate. With most manufacturers and industry suppliers located in the Elkhart, In. area the move eastward seemed logical. Vanguard Industries settled in the community of Colon in 1972. Once in Colon he began to put his plans in motion. By 1973 he had built the main production facility and within days Palomino tent trailers were rolling out the doors.
In 1976, Vanguard added its own Needle Division, in 1978 its own Metal Fabrication Plant, and has several cold storage facilities. On May 27, 1992, the primary production building and offices were destroyed by fire. By late August, 1992, the first 1993 model Palomino rolled of the line in the new 52,300 sq. ft. facility, which was built on the same site as the previous building had been.
The year 1998 continued to see expansion with the addition of a new 75,000 sq. ft. production facility, and another storage facility. In 2002 Vanguard was purchased by Forest River, Inc. This allowed for rapid growth and the introduction of two new towable lines of travel trailers and fifth wheels, Puma and Sabre by Palomino.